Diesel Technology: Field Maintenance Option BS
Training You to Work in Off-Site Environments
When you add the Field Maintenance Option to your Bachelor's in Diesel Technology at Montana State University-Northern, you'll have extensive training not only in diesel repair, but also in welding and fabrication so you can work in jobs that require more flexibility.
- Expand on your diesel auto mechanic training to be field-ready.
- Earn a four-year degree from a well-respected diesel repair school.
- Take advantage of connections you'll make in the program to open doors to employment after graduation.
Diesel Field Maintenance Option: Beyond the Shop.
- Gain valuable experience in the classroom and in real life settings with the cooperative learning program.
- Enjoy flexibility in your diesel auto mechanic education; the MSU-N program is designed to let you progress through each level, from an AAS degree to a BS degree, without losing credits or repeating courses.
- Transfer in to the MSU-Northern's diesel repair school easily from one of our two-year partner schools.
Diesel Technology Faculty: Industry Experts. Student-focused.
- Train to be a diesel auto mechanic under the guidance of faculty with decades of experience and close relationships within the industry.
- Study with welding faculty that work closely with the diesel repair school to ensure the Field Maintenance Option courses fit seamlessly with the diesel technology program.
Diesel Field Maintenance Option Courses: Quality Repair. Versatile Training.
Diesel Tech – Engage in the required diesel mechanic classes that encompass engines, systems, and diagnostics giving you a unique 4-year diesel technology degree upon graduation.
Welding and Fabrication –Take a variety of welding classes, including Mig/Tig Welding, Shielded Metal Arc Welding and Repair and Maintenance Welding in preparation for earning a professional certification in Field Maintenance.
General Professional Skills – Excel in a program that offers writing, math, science, history and humanities foundation to become a well-rounded, successful professional in addition to the courses of the auto diesel school at MSU-Northern.
MSU Northern - Diesel Technology- The Driving Force Videos
Part 1 of 5
Part 2 of 5
Part 3 of 5
Part 4 of 5
Part 5 of 5
Diesel Technology Career Outlook.
MSU-Northern graduates with a Bachelor's in Diesel Technology and the Field Maintenance Option are qualified for a number of diesel technician jobs. Demand is high for techs with 4-year degrees, and the addition of the field maintenance concentration makes you even more versatile. Students that complete this option commonly work for construction companies and dealerships, and operate service trucks on off-site locations.
Office: Brockmann Center 210O
Phone: (406) 265-4187
Office: Brockmann Center 210S
Phone: (406) 265-4185
Office: Brockmann Center 210L
Phone: (406) 265-4158