Effective: July 1, 1995
Revised: October 2016
Review Date: October 2018
Responsible Party: Director of Human Resources
All MSUN recruitment and hiring activity is directed by a variety of state and federal regulations, HR policies and procedures, and union agreements with classified staff (AFSCME) or faculty (MSUN Federation of Teachers). Although there are some differences in the conduct of the search depending on the type of recruitment, in general the structure is the same:
- Position justification approved.
- Notice of vacancy posted.
- Ads placed.
- Search committee established.
- Applicants screened and interviewed.
- Recommendation made by search committee.
- Candidate hired by hiring authority.
- Search closed.
For more information regarding the recruitment and hiring process, contact the Human Resources Department.