303 Assessment and Accreditation Committee
Effective: October 6, 2009
Revised: February, 2012
Review Date: February 2014
Responsible Party: Provost
The Montana State University-Northern Assessment and Accreditation Committee is established as part of the campus wide assessment plan and to support assessment and accreditation efforts throughout the campus. In addition to regional accreditation through Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), the committee will serve as a resource for program specific and professional accreditation efforts throughout the campus.
The objectives of the MSUN Assessment and Accreditation Committee are to:
- Create and continually revise the campus-wide assessment plan;
- Provide a focal point for accreditation efforts both for regional accreditation and for specialized accreditations; and
- Coordinate campus accreditation activities.
The Committee will:
- Meet at least monthly during the regular academic year to evaluate progress and consider recommendations.
- Make recommendations to the Chancellor and Provost regarding internal and external accreditation activities and potential contracting with outside agencies to conduct assessments of campus-wide programs and activities.
- Identify and recommend to the Chancellor and Provost budget items directly related to assessment and accreditation.
- Make an annual report regarding assessment progress to the Chancellor and Provost and to the campus community.
The Assessment and Accreditation Committee will consist of the Provost, College Chairs, College Deans and representatives from each academic college and primary support offices represented by the University Cabinet.
College Chairs, Deans and cabinet members will recommend members to the Provost.