Effective: January 31, 1994
Revised: October 1, 2007
Review Date: October 1, 2009
Responsible Party: Vice Chancellor for Finance, Administration & Student Affairs
- All requisitions for computer-related software and hardware will be reviewed by the Director of Information Technology Services prior to processing.
- All computer software and hardware will be shipped to Information Technology Services prior to distribution.
- All books and audio-visual hardware or software will be shipped to the Library prior to distribution.
- To insure that the MSU-Northern community shares materials to support instruction, research and public services.
- To insure that materials acquired through institutional funds be shared among the MSU-Northern community for maximum educational benefit.
- To ascertain regularly the usefulness, quality, and state of repair of materials.
- To make optimum use of educational materials throughout the MSU-Northern community without infringing licenses, copyrights, and other legal restrictions.
- To dispose of materials when no longer cost effective.
- To use materials for public service provided that usage at MSU-Northern is not degraded.
- To fix clear accountability for acquiring, maintaining and using materials.