Effective: December 2, 1999
Revised: April 2016
Review Date: April, 2016
Responsible Party: Vice-Chancellor for Finance and Administration
Capital Purchases are defined as follows and must meet all four criteria:
- A normal useful life more than one year.
- An identity which does not change with use.
- A unit of property that is identifiable and separately accounted for.
- Must meet the following cost thresholds:.
- Equipment - $5,000 or greater
- Buildings - $25,000 or greater
- Building Improvements – $25,000 or greater
- Land - $5,000 or greater
- Land Improvements - $25,000 or greater
- Intangible Assets - $100,000 or greater
- Infrastructure - $500,000 or greater
Library books are capital purchases that are recorded as a group each fiscal year.
All requests for purchases within this category must follow purchasing policies and procedures that are in place.