Visit Montana State University-Northern!
Choosing a college is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life. It is an experience that will shape the foundation on which you will build your future. The college you select should meet your needs and expectations, and prepare you for a successful life after college. At Montana State University-Northern, we encourage you to explore all of the opportunities available to you to ensure that the college you decide to attend is the best one for you.
Visiting our campus while classes are in session allows you to experience life as a Northern student first hand. We are confident that you will appreciate the numerous advantages of a smaller university, including personal contact with many friendly people, a community-oriented campus and quality academic programs that combine to create Northern's superior learning environment. During your visit, you will be able to meet with faculty and staff from your areas of interest, view our facilities, and possibly have a meal in the dining hall or spend a night in a residence hall. You will also have the opportunity to discover our various special services, which range from learning assistance to financial aid counseling. This will allow you to get a feel of student life and Northern's campus environment. We invite you to schedule a visit to MSU-Northern and look forward to hearing from you soon!
Because family members play an important role in college planning, they are welcome to learn more about the university by participating in the campus visit with you. If you have a disability and desire assistance, please notify the Admissions Office.
Campus tours are available Monday through Friday,
9:00am and 1:00pm
These times are available during regular school sessions.
We request that you contact us and schedule your campus visit at least one week prior to the date on which you wish to come. Visits scheduled in advance may include:
- a campus tour led by specially trained Northern students or by a member of our staff
- an appointment with a professor in the student's area of interest
- a tour of the program's facilities
- appointments with professionals in the Financial Aid Office, Office of Student Life, Student Support Services, and the Educational Opportunities Center
- an appointment with an athletic coach, or observation of a class in session is available upon request
Accommodations for Lodging and Meals...
A campus visit is your opportunity to experience life as a Northern student. An evening of lodging with complimentary meals will be provided on campus when available.
Key points to remember when scheduling your campus visit:
- Schedule your visit at least one week in advance. Please cancel if you are unable to attend.
- Ask about spending the night and dining on campus.
- Plan your visit during the academic year. Many offices are closed and students are not on campus during school breaks weekends and holidays.
- Please be prompt for your appointment or notify the Admissions Office if you will be late.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Prepare your questions before you arrive.
- Enjoy your visit and when you return home, feel free to call us if you have any further questions.
Interested in a group visit?
Special tours and demonstrations may be arranged for groups. Please contact the Admissions Office at least two weeks in advance to schedule group visits. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a campus visit, please call or write us at:
P.O. Box 7751
Havre, MT 59501
406-265-3704 or toll free 1-800-662-6132
We look forward to seeing you!