New students may apply for admissions at any time without all the necessary required materials. Applicants will be notified of missing or incomplete documents needed to complete the admissions process.
- COMPLETED Application for Admission
- Application Fee ($30 Paper, $36 Online)
- Proof of Immunization against measles, mumps and rubella for students born after January 1, 1957 (Montana State Law requires proof of two separate measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) shots, taken at least 1 month apart)
First-Time Freshman Applicants:
- High school transcript with a graduation date posted
- ACT or SAT scores for students who graduated from high school
less than three years ago and are pursuing a Bachelor Degree
(for information on ACT & SAT tests, finding testing centers and more, visit the ACT and SAT websites)
- GED scores
- ACT or SAT scores (if you are under the age of twenty-one and pursuing a Bachelor Degree)
- Official academic transcripts from EACH accredited university,
college, and vocational technical center attended.
Official transcripts must be sent to the Admissions Office in a sealed envelope directly from the institution.
Be advised that this step is not necessary if using one of the two transfer application options below and currently attending at an MUS school.
If you have earned less than 12 credits at a college, university or vo-tech, you must also provide:
- High school transcript
- ACT or SAT scores (if pursuing a Bachelor degree)
- Apply for Financial Aid, MSUN priority deadline April 15
- Apply for New Student Scholarships, MSUN deadline Feb 14
- Submit your Residence Hall Application and room deposit
- Schedule an Advising appointment with the Advising Center