How to Apply for Jobs - Academic/Professional Positions
- Review the Notice of Vacancy for the position for specific application requirements.
- Keep copies of your materials, as you may be required to provide a copy if
you are invited to interview for the position you are applying for.
- You must submit one application for each position for which you are applying.
Please follow the instructions on the Notice of Vacancy. Signed, legible copies
will be accepted in place of originals.
- Your application will be inactivated if you are unable to be reached by mail or
telephone, or if you fail to respond to communication from a department regarding
an invitation to interview.
Employment Application Tips
- Read the Notice of Vacancy carefully! It will contain the minimum qualifications
for the position and identify any additional information you may need to provide.
- Your application needs to convey how you specifically meet the minimum qualifications
and requirements of the position. These are listed on the Notice of Vacancy. A job
title does not demonstrate qualifying experience. Clearly explain your qualifying
- List each job separately, even if two or more are in the same organization. Include
all relevant experience, paid or unpaid.
- Avoid jargon and acronyms. Convey your experience in commonly used terms so that
the information you provide can be sufficiently evaluated.
- Your application materials must be submitted by no later than 5:00 p.m. on the application