Design Drafting Technology
Learn the skills for a successful civil engineering, mechanical, or architectural drafting career.
Montana State University-Northern offers an American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) certified Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Design Drafting Technology. This drafting degree gives students a solid background in the principles of drafting, which translate to a variety of technical and engineering jobs.
- Excel in technical drawing with comprehensive drafting training at MSU-N.
- Learn to use cutting edge technology through a focus on CAD training.
- Gain the skills you need to excel in careers like architectural drafting, engineering, and a variety of science-based jobs.
Associate's in Design Drafting Technology: Multi-disciplinary. Job-ready.
- Complete an MSU-Northern drafting degree at the campus in Havre, Montana.
- Be prepared to use the latest technical drawing tools in CAD training courses.
- Learn a range of skills outside of computer aided design by taking drafting classes that emphasize technical animation, simulation, and multimedia design and development.
Employers value a college degree in this increasingly technical field. The fundamentals of technical drawing remain constant, but the tools used to produce technical drawings and models change almost daily. In response to these changes our program strives to incorporate the latest technological advancements from the field to aid in the application of the basic to advanced design concepts.
Design Drafting Technology Faculty: Technical Experts. Student-oriented.
- Learn from instructors with backgrounds in civil engineering, mechanical, and architectural drafting.
- Study for your drafting degree under educators who are invested in student success beyond the classroom.
- Take CAD training from professionals with special expertise in drafting technology.
- Join the MSU-Northern ADDA chapter along with other students in the drafting program.
Design Drafting Classes: State-of-the-art. Hands-on.
CAD Training – Get up to speed on computer aided design with the drafting degree program.
Analytic Foundation – Build solid calculation and analytical skills you need for most jobs through geometry, trigonometry, algebra, and physical science classes.
Cross-disciplined – Be prepared to put design drafting courses to use in a variety of career paths, including architecture, engineering, science, sales, and even criminal justice.
Hands-On Experience – Use products or principles of drafting technology in real-life circumstances both in class and on the job.
Design drafting Career Outlook.
|Sampling of Employers of
MSU-Northern Design Drafting Graduates
City of Havre
CTA Architects Engineers
Faure Halvorsen Architects
Fish, Wildlife, & Parks
Heberly & Associates
HDR One Company
|L' Heureux Page Werner, PC
Milk River Engineering
NCI Engineering Co.
U.S. Forest Service
Western Federal Lands Hwy. Division
Behind every product, building, or process there are a myriad of technical drawings and models that were created using the techniques and principles that are taught in drafting courses. A drafting degree from MSU-Northern means our graduates are ready for an exciting and rewarding career in a variety of fields. Drafting training and its related college degree can lead to drafting jobs with architectural firms, engineering firms, construction companies, production plants, and more.