Diesel Technology BS
Open the Door to an Exciting Career as a Diesel Mechanic
Montana State University-Northern is recognized as a leading diesel mechanic college by industry leaders. The curriculum focuses on relevant and valuable content and competencies.
- Join a program at MSU-N that is one of the few that offers a full 4-year degree in Diesel Technology.
- Benefit from the diesel mechanic program offering carefully structured curriculum that matches industry standards and expectations.
- Participate in a variety of diesel technology programs at MSU-Northern that give you the choice to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree (BS), begin your career right away with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS), or pair another major with a diesel mechanic minor.
- Accelerate through the program by taking courses that are designed to advance your education without losing credits or repeating classes.
Bachelor's Degree in Diesel Technology: Fully Equipped for Career Success.
MSU-Northern's bachelor's program in diesel technology is designed so students can easily transfer from a number of partner 2-year schools in the United States and Canada. We have articulation agreements that allow students earning an Associate's degree to finish a 4-year degree at MSU-N. Partner schools include: MSU-Billings, Helena COT, Linn-Benton, Olds College, Portland Community College, Centralia College, Spokane Community College, MT Tech – U of M COT.
- Choose from two areas of focus in the diesel mechanic college to further specify your degree: the Equipment Management Option with additional focus business on or the Field Maintenance Option with additional focus on welding and fabrication.
- Learn from an environment that fosters excellence in learning through the auto diesel school at MSU-Northern.
- Work outside diesel mechanic college classes to practice your skills with a cooperative education experience that helps you transition into the real world.
Diesel Technology Faculty: Advanced Understanding. Student-focused.
- Be mentored by faculty at MSU-N's auto diesel school who work closely with industry leaders to ensure that our program provides career-establishing education.
- Study with diesel mechanic college educators who nurture discovery of knowledge for advancement, academic excellence in the classroom, and personal growth through collaboration and teamwork.
Diesel Technology Courses: All-Inclusive. Industry-driven.
Engine and Systems – Learn hands on skills through courses that thoroughly cover diesel engines, fuel systems, electrical, heating and air conditioning, hydraulics, powertrains, and chassis repair.
Diagnostics – Learn to diagnose engines, power shifts, and heavy duty automatic diesels.
Welding – Study welding basics and learn to use it in repair.
Math and Writing – Enhance core curriculum with classes that improve communication and business skills.
MSU Northern - Diesel Technology- The Driving Force Videos
Part 1 of 5
Part 2 of 5
Part 3 of 5
Part 4 of 5
Part 5 of 5
Diesel Technology Career Outlook.
The diesel technology field is experiencing rapid growth as extraction industries boom. Students completing their bachelor's in diesel technology are prepared to work in the industry as a service technician, service manager, shop foreman, district representative for a major corporation, or be self-employed. Because MSU-Northern's program is well-known for its quality, industry-specific curriculum and consistently high-achieving graduates, our placement rates for diesel mechanics is high.
|Sampling of Employers of
MSU-Northern Diesel Technology Graduates
Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad
Case/New Holland Tractor & Equipment
Western States Equipment Co.
NC Machinery Co.
Peterson Machinery Co.
John Deere Construction - Pape
John Deere Ag. - Brant Holding
|Fairbanks Gold Mining Inc. - Kinross
Detroit Diesel-Interstate Diesel
Cummins Engine Company
Cummins Rocky Mountain
IVECO Engines North America
Office: Brockmann Center 210O
Phone: (406) 265-4187
Office: Brockmann Center 210S
Phone: (406) 265-4185
Office: Brockmann Center 210L
Phone: (406) 265-4158