MSUN Home EventsbulletCalendarbulletA-Z IndexbulletDirectoriesbulletContact Us  
Northern's 75th Anniversary Logo  
  About MSU-Northern bullet Academics bullet Admissions bullet Campus Life bullet Services  
                         

MSU-N History
University System
Timeline
Leadership
Buildings
Acknowledgments

The 2004-2005 75th Anniversary Celebration

About MSU-Northern

1970-1979

1970 1913-1939
1940-1949
1950-1959
1960-1969
1970-1979
1980-1989
1990-1999
2000-Today

Brockmann Center
The Engineering Technology and Industrial Arts building is opened. This building is later named after former NMC president L.O. Brockmann.
 
1971

A new girls' dormitory is constructed to the east and south of the boys' dorms and is ready for occupancy in the fall. This new building is named MacKenzie Hall in honor of Dr. D.S. MacKenzie, Sr. who was an early legislator, executive board member and civic leader who assisted in the founding of the college.

 

MacKenzie Hall, circa 1972
MacKenzie Hall

A food service unit is added to the west side of the SUB. Dining facilities in Morgan Hall are closed.

First National Bank of Havre donates a set of Carillon bells to the college. The equipment and loudspeakers were located at the top the Armory Gym.

 
1972

Due to funding problems, Football is dropped as a varsity sport.

 
1977
The legislature indicates approval for a new library for NMC, but does not allocate funds.
  1913-1939
1940-1949
1950-1959
1960-1969
1970-1979
1980-1989
1990-1999
2000-Today
1978


Davey Pioneer Lab

An addition to the Automotive Mechanics building is begun with funding coming from both state funds and community contributions - the Davey Pioneer Laboratory.
 
1979

The legislative session approved $2,302,000 for construction of a new library.

Structurally unsafe and abandoned since 1965 for all but storage purposes, East Hall is demolished.

 
Back Next