MSUN Home EventsbulletCalendarbulletA-Z IndexbulletDirectoriesbulletContact Us  
Northern's 75th Anniversary Logo  
  About MSU-Northern bullet Academics bullet Admissions bullet Campus Life bullet Services  
                         

MSU-N History
University System
Timeline
Leadership
Buildings
Acknowledgments

The 2004-2005 75th Anniversary Celebration

About MSU-Northern

1960-1969

1960 1913-1939
1940-1949
1950-1959
1960-1969
1970-1979
1980-1989
1990-1999
2000-Today
Structural flaws in East Hall make the building unsafe and use of all but two rooms is discontinued.

Two units to provide apartments for married students are under construction.
 

The enlarged version of the college symbol that was welded by Con Elnes of the Vo Tech division in 1958 is mounted on the curved brick wall planter at the north entrance of the campus.
 
1961

The new SUB is ready for use.

Student Union Building
Student Union Building

 
A windstorm rips the roof off the connecting wing between the pool and the gym completely flattening one floor.

Three more units are added to the married student housing bringing the total of two bedroom apartments on campus to 50.

 

1965
In May the Physical Plant building burns to the ground.

The Pin and Cue area is added to the SUB.

  1913-1939
1940-1949
1950-1959
1960-1969
1970-1979
1980-1989
1990-1999
2000-Today
1966

Construction begins on a new Physical Plant structure on the southwest corner of the campus to replace the one that burned down.

Construction also begins on the Math Science building.

Bids are accepted for the Electronics Technology building.

 
1967

The new Physical Plant building is ready for occupancy.

 
1968

Math-Science Building and parking lot between Cowan Hall and the Armory Gym

The new Math-Science and Electronics Technology buildings are ready for occupancy.

The area between Cowan Hall and the Armory Gym is paved for a parking lot at a cost of $40,000 paid through parking fees.

 
The Morgan Hall Annex is demolished leaving only the cement walls of the current tennis courts just south of Morgan Hall.

 
Back Next