MSUN Home EventsbulletCalendarbulletA-Z IndexbulletDirectoriesbulletContact Us  
Northern's 75th Anniversary Logo  
  About MSU-Northern bullet Academics bullet Admissions bullet Campus Life bullet Services  

MSU-N History
University System

The 2004-2005 75th Anniversary Celebration

Images of MSUN

About MSU-Northern


Campus Houses

Bonine Drive HousesSeven small single story frame houses were moved to the campus from the Tiber dam construction site near the Hi-Line town of Chester. They were placed in the same general area as the vets houses and served as temporary residences for incoming faculty and for married students. In later years, the houses served various functions, including providing space for the university's Student Health Service.

Between 1957 and 1960, the building of two campus houses took place. Construction work was done by students in carpentry and construction classes according to plans drawn by Architect Oswald Berg. Construction met all building standards and was supervised in cooperation with the various community trade unions. Both houses were located on the eastern fringe of the campus east of Morgan Hall. They served a dual purpose in providing on the job training, as well as short term faculty housing. One of the homes currently houses the campus Child Care Center, providing services to students and staff and learning and job opportunities for education majors.

East Hall
Pershing Hall
Donaldson Hall
Men's Co-Op
Industrial Arts
Vets Housing
Student Union
Cowan Hall
Physical Plant
Campus Houses
Morgan Hall
Food Service
Married Student Housing
Engineering Tech
MacKenzie Hall
Farm Mechanics
Applied Technology